Our system is supported by the following components:
• Web server
• Database management applications
It is hosted on a server dedicated to each of our clients. This server is hosted, managed and maintained in a secure data-centre operated by Hetzner.
Over and above the features of Atomicity, Consistency, Isolation and Durability of the database management system, our system also boasts the following:
• No root access – The server hosting our system has no root access available. Root access is only available to Hetzner support staff.
• Database users have limited rights. Database users are unable to modify data structure (altering or dropping data).
• Failure management – Our system is linked to two identical databases (one of which is hosted off-site). In the event of a system failure, a complete up-to-the-minute copy of the database is available for deployment.
• PhpMyAdmin (encrypted access over SSL) provides a stable and secure method for viewing the database.
• Automatic prompts to agents when a value exceeds the normal range.
The system will manage your basic data. It is an incredibly robust tool that allows superb flexibility and is therefore evolutionary in nature.
Daily, weekly and monthly reports will be generated from the database and will be used for performance feedback against SLAs and reporting as per our clients’ requirements.
Access to the database is controlled by login and password for each user, with specific functions per user identity and status, dependent on the respective levels of authorisation.
All changes, actions, etc are recorded and if required, a detailed audit report can be drawn for any particular contact (e-mail, SMS, call or fax), detailing all actions related to the particular contact. The database is secure and has two back ups – both a mirror image and various contingency plans are in place as contingency for a variety of possible scenarios.
Our system and our clients’ data are also included in our Quality Management System, since information captured on the databases should be controlled and hence mandatory fields are used and the input is controlled in order to produce the correct output, eg a specific report.
Our system is also very user friendly and almost any type of report can be drawn as the system is flexible, and can be manipulated into a variety of formats.
Since the data and information remains the property of our clients, we maintain tight security and confidentiality protocols.